General Aviation Awards Call for Nominations
The General Aviation Awards Committee is pleased to announce the call for nominees for 2016.
- Flight Instructor of the Year
- FAASTeam Representative of the Year
- Maintenance Technician of the Year
- Avionics Technician of the Year
For more than 50 years, the General Aviation Awards has been working with industry sponsors and the FAA to annually recognize individual aviation professionals on the local, regional and national levels for their contributions to general aviation excellence, professionalism and flight safety.
The award is presented each July during an official awards ceremony at AirVenture and is accompanied by a prizes plus travel expenses to the ceremony.
- Be actively working, in the U.S., in their respective field for a minimum of five years.
- Hold current FAA airman certificates (if required).
- Not have airman certificate action or civil/criminal offense within the past five years.
- In addition:
-Maintenance Technicians must be working under FAR Part 65;
-Avionics Technicians must be working with a Part 145 Repair Station;
-CFIs must be working under FAR Part 61, 141 or 142;
-FAASTeam Reps must be actively involved in the FAA Safety Team.
The call for nominations closes at 11:59 p.m. EST, September 30, 2015.
Nomination forms and additional information are available at www.GeneralAviationAwards.org or contact Arlynn McMahon, Chairman at 859-983-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.