New Government Affairs Committee Launched
June 11, 2013
In order to ensure ARSA’s legislative program continues to build upon its recent successes, the Association unveiled a new government affairs committee (GAC) that represents a diverse range of regions and sectors of the aviation maintenance industry.
The members of the GAC include:
- David Albert, vice president of external affairs at Sequa/Chromalloy in Columbia, Md.
- Bob Arnett, vice president of quality at Barfield, Inc. in Miami, Fla.
- Kip Blakely, vice president of industry and government relations at TIMCO in Greensboro, N.C.
- Paul Creider, sr. director of global engineering and quality at Nordam in Tulsa, Okla.
- (Ex Officio) Gary Fortner, vice president of quality control & engineering at Fortner Engineering in Glendale, Calif.
- Paul Hawthorne, director of global support quality at Moog Aircraft Group in East Aurora, NY
- Gary Jordan, president & CEO at Jordan Propeller Services in San Antonio, Texas
- Jennifer Weinbrecht, vice president of compliance at Component Repair Technologies in Mentor, Ohio
Partcipants will serve as the association’s “go-to” people for legislative issue grassroots and response efforts. Among other activities, GAC members will be asked to host facility visits for elected officials, call on industry colleagues to use ARSAaction.org, write local lawmakers regarding legislative issues, and participate in conference calls.
For more information about the GAC, please contact ARSA Communications Manager Josh Pudnos.
More from ARSA
On May 31, ARSA Executive Vice President Christian Klein presented an online training session overviewing 14 CFR part 91.
Description: This session overviews the general operating rules of 14 CFR…Read More
Charles Taylor, the Wright Brothers’ mechanic and father of aviation maintenance, was born on May 24, 1868. Now – 155 years later – we celebrate him with every safe arrival…Read More
On May 17, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a report on the “Current and Future Availability of Airline Pilots and Aircraft Mechanics.” The GAO’s analysis reads like a…Read More
Stay smart. Stay current. Stay out of trouble with ARSA training.…Read More
On June 14 at 11:00 a.m. EDT, ARSA Vice President of Operations Brett Levanto will lead an online training session covering 14 CFR part 43 that highlights the interplay between…Read More